Direct Access: You Have a Choice!
For many years a referral from a Doctor was required to begin Physical Therapy. In most cases, this process resulted in delayed treatment and unnecessary costs to individuals who can benefit from getting started right away. You are now granted “Direct Access” to physical therapy as outlined in the Georgia Practice Act. (H.B. 505) The great thing about Direct Access is now you can start receiving the care that you need much sooner and without having to deal with any unnecessary setbacks or boxes to check. While some insurances may require preauthorization, all you need to do is give us a call and we will handle anything you need to get you started on the road to recovery as soon as possible.
In addition to the idea of Direct Access, you also may be unaware that the decision of where you would like to go to physical therapy is completely up to you! Regardless of whether or not you receive a referral for PT or want to utilize Direct Access, you can feel confident in letting Athens Physical Therapy handle your care.
Your PT, Your Choice
In the same way that you choose your physician, you should also choose your physical therapist. This means that just because your doctor prescribes physical therapy (PT) and offers PT at the facility where they practice, doesn’t mean that you must go to PT at that facility. In truth, there are a lot of considerations to take into account before choosing a PT provider, including:
- Location: While some patients will need PT once per week, others may need it two to three times per week. Regardless of your schedule, the time it takes to get to travel to and from the clinic should be taken into consideration.
- Clinical Excellence: Experience and knowledge matters when it comes to making sure you get the best out of your rehab experience. At Athens Physical Therapy we have clinicians who specialize in a variety of areas to ensure you are in the best hands.
- Patient Care Philosophy: Your care and your outcomes are important, ensure you take time to research the type of care that you will receive. Many clinics today have therapists seeing many patients all together at once which make individualized care more difficult and can affect your outcomes and your experience in a negative way.
When making the decision of which PT provider to start your rehab process with, there are many reasons to choose Athens Physical Therapy:
- Start Treatment Faster: We strive to get you started as quickly as possible as we know you need PT now, whether it’s through a referral or Direct Access let us begin your rehab today.
- Convenience: Our locations in Athens and Lavonia are conveniently located to make it easy to get to and from your appointments. Don’t spend your time during the week driving long distances to your PT appointments, we have everything you need right here to get you back to your schedule.
- Our Clinicians Work One-On-One with Patients: In addition to creating personalized treatment plans for each patient, our clinical schedules ensure that you will have quality one-on-one time with your therapist to help you meet your personal goals and ensure the best outcomes and experience for you.
- High Standard of Care: We always have and will continue to pride ourselves in providing the best care. For many years Athens Physical Therapy has thrived on “word of mouth” and a solid reputation that we take pride in.
The Decision Is Yours
With your rehab journey, it is important to remember that your healthcare decisions are up to you! Take time to research your options and make the best decision for your health and wellness goals.